midnight & indigo - Online teaching position inquiry (Winter 2022/Summer 2023)
Thank you for your interest in teaching at midnight & indigo!
Are you a writer, editor, teacher, or aspiring contributor with a knack for instruction and storytelling? If that's you, we'd love to hear from you. We launched our online class platform in January 2022, focused on offering writing, craft, genre-based, and workshopping classes to writers of all experience levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced). You may view upcoming offerings here.
Our instructors have a wide range of teaching, writing, and experience levels — we encourage you to fill out this form even if you are new to or are looking for teaching experience. We recommend reviewing our published works at midnightandindigo.com for a sense of our content and the writer population we serve.
We are interested in course proposals based on:
- Short story writing
- Novel writing
- Craft (Character development, plot, dialogue, scene, etc.)
- Genre-based courses (Speculative, Romance,
- Essay Writing
- Book Analysis and discussion (works by Black and POC writers only)
- Also open to your ideas!
All classes will be held via Zoom.
We are currently accepting applications for courses starting between now and November 2023.
This is a paid opportunity; the per-hour pay scale will be discussed with chosen applicants upon receipt of the query; and based upon curriculum and time commitment. This is a contract, not a salaried position.
Please fill out the below form to get started. If you seem like a good fit for our program, we’ll follow up to request additional information within 4-6 weeks. If selected, you will be asked to submit formal course proposal, and participate in a truncated mock class as a component of the interview process.
- Classes must focus on craft, with intentionality around helping writers to become more confident, skilled, and effective in their prose
- Classes should include a combination of lecture/instruction, writing exercises, and in-class discussions
- Our class offerings will include 1-day, 2-day, 2-week, 3-week, and 4-week seminars
- Individual class sessions will run for a minimum of 90 minutes to a maximum of 3 hours each
- The application will remain open until positions are filled
Have questions? Please message us via your Submittable account or email us at email@example.com